Visit Our Lafitte Dentist Office
Whether you want a regular dentist for teeth cleanings and examinations or you’re looking to receive a specific dental treatment, Southern Dental Care can be your Lafitte dentist. Our dental office, located at 7301 Westbank Expressway in Marrero, is just a short drive from Lafitte.
The highly trained specialists at Southern Dental Care offer a full range of restorative, cosmetic, and orthodontic dental services to fit your needs. Learn more about our most popular services below!
If you have damaged or missing teeth, Southern Dental Care can help. When teeth have become damaged due to decay, cracks, chips, or even previous dental procedures, you may need one of the following treatments:
- Fillings — When a cavity forms, the simplest solution is often a filling. At Southern Dental Care, we offer tooth-colored fillings that are both effective and attractive.
- Crowns — If an extensive amount of your tooth’s enamel is broken or decayed, then a crown is usually the best solution. A crown is a cap that encases your tooth to protect it on all sides. Crowns may be able to save more of what remains of your enamel than larger fillings can, and they often become necessary after a root canal.
- Root canals — Beneath a tooth’s enamel and dentin is its pulp, a soft tissue that is present inside the root canal. When this pulp becomes infected or inflamed, you will likely need a root canal. Learn more about this valuable dental treatment here.
If you are already missing teeth, however, Southern Dental Care can offer you several options to replace them:
- Dental implants — A dental implant consists of a titanium post, which is surgically placed into the jawbone beneath your gum line. This post serves as an anchor where your dentist will mount your replacement teeth.
- Dental bridges — A dental bridge is made of two or more crowns that sit on either side of the gap or missing tooth. A false tooth can then be placed in this gap between the neighboring teeth.
- Dentures and partials — Complete, or conventional, dentures are made in advance and can be positioned as soon as teeth are removed. Partial dentures are removable replacement teeth attached to a gum-colored base. These can be used when one or more natural teeth remain in the jaw.
Even if your teeth are perfectly healthy, you may not be satisfied with their appearance. We offer our patients in-office teeth whitening treatments as well as take-home kits for whiter, brighter smiles. If you also want to restore the appearance of small, chipped, cracked, or deformed teeth, Southern Dental Care also provides veneers.
For more information on our teeth whitening services and veneers, click here. In addition, we also offer BOTOX® among our cosmetic dental services.
Older teenagers and adults can feel caught between the desire for straighter teeth and the hesitation to fill their mouths with highly noticeable metal brackets and colored bands. That’s where our Six Month Smiles services comes in! We use clear brackets for low-profile braces to give you a straighter smile in just six months.
If you have questions about any of our services or would like to schedule an appointment, please contact Southern Dental Care today and make us your Lafitte dentist!