You may have fallen behind on oral health these past couple of months. The number of times someone tempted you with something sweet, a glass of champagne or cigarette has taken its toll on your teeth, and has perhaps resulted in a cavity. At Southern Dental Care in Marrero, Louisiana, we’re committed to providing our patients with the best tooth-colored fillings in New Orleans.
What On Earth Is A Tooth-Colored Filling?
It’s okay if you just asked yourself this. Tooth-colored fillings are simply dental fillings designed to be the same color as your natural teeth. Nobody will know that you’ve ever had any cavities or fillings even if they see your mouth wide open. By choosing the best tooth-colored fillings in New Orleans, cavities will have minimal impact on your appearance, allowing you to smile beautifully and professionally.
Why Get Tooth-Colored Fillings?
While silver or gold fillings are viable options, tooth-colored fillings are simple and invisible. We want all of our patients to make the most of their smile. You’ll love how our tooth-colored fillings allow you to open wide and smile big without anybody noticing that a filling is there. More specifically tooth-colored fillings have their advantages because:
- They’re safer for teeth: More traditionally-used silver and gold fillings can expand and contract when they come in contact with temperature fluctuations. This can lead to pressure on a tooth, which might cause it to either break or crack.
- They’re longer-lasting: With proper dental hygiene, tooth-colored fillings are designed to be durable and last patients up to 15 years.
- They preserve more of the natural tooth: When a patient gets a traditional silver or gold filling, more of the patient’s natural tooth has to be drilled for installment. Tooth-colored fillings, on the other hand, only require minimal drilling. With optimal amounts of the natural tooth still in tact, the likelihood for future damage decreases.
What’s The Tooth-Colored Filling Procedure?
Tooth-colored fillings can be installed inside the back molars or the front incisors. The step by step procedure is simple:
- First, we’ll evaluate the natural color of your teeth so we can match you to the correct tooth-colored filling solution.
- Second, we’ll numb the affected cavity area with novocaine for your comfort.
- Next, we’ll drill out any of your cavity remains to clean your teeth.
- Finally, we’ll install and mold the tooth-colored filling solution to your molars or incisors.
After that, the procedure is done! Please allow 3-5 hours for the feeling of numbness to go away. Once it’s gone, you mouth will feel good as new.
Contact Southern Dental Care Today!
To get the best tooth-colored fillings in New Orleans, schedule a New Orleans tooth-colored filling appointment in New Orleans, call Southern Dental Care’s offices today at 504-347-1014 or fill out our online contact form. A representative from our office will happily assist you to the best tooth-colored fillings in New Orleans.